I’ve been reaching to the realization point that for kids, too many toys wouldn’t be better for them. Mostly, they confuse where to put back and forget where they put their toys in the designated place before. Because the toy cupboards/lockers have been fully loaded. This leads to they just only play with 1-3 of their most recent toys, which they oftentimes fight for them. I haven’t been doing much decluttering since last time, the beginning of 2017. I lost the momentum and overwhelmed seeing my kids lockers of toys, books, drawing/school equipment. But a week ago & today I did some decluttering.
Yes, I got an impulse to decluttering again. The reason behind my recent decluttering is the tremendous emotions; tensions in the effort to help my first kid to learn for his mid test, he needs lots of help. It’s no wonder I need to lose the steam out. And hope I get the momentum to transform my home into ideal, an efficient & effective home, which really help us to enjoy, enhance & explore our family life.
What I declutter in a week (a week ago & today):
1. Four racks of Kids toys’ locker. These racks look neat until today because I organise the toys per category better, quite a lot of toys were tossed, so they’re not overflow anymore. Including tossing mini white board & full set of magnetic letter-number-sticker tri and repair-needed big plastic water gun. All are 2 big bags to donate to my temporary domestic helper.
2. Baby things: Set of Richell potty training, baby musical light, toy. And one of my too small underwear. All in good condition. All went to the cousin family that has their 2nd baby, their first is 10 years. Another pot for milk powder & party long sleeve shirt went to my friend’s new baby boy. One rack in our clothes cupboard is organised.
3. While preparing for the yearly tax, I tossed quite amount of paper from the financial drawer.
4. The surface above the brankas (big safe deposit for documents/valuable things) is organised.
In order to make quick & comprehensive changes towards my goal, I plan to declutter for 1 hour every early morning every Wednesday & Saturday to tackle big tasks.
I think that’s all for now.
Have a great day. Keep healthy & take care.
See you soon.
One of the effective declutter session is when you on a high tension & need to lose some steam.
Why? Yes, you’re right, at this time, I can be really ruthless in decluttering.
* Like me now, I need to help my kid prepares for the mid tests for the whole week & more. But quite a lot of time I really still can’t make my kid being responsible for the study. The result is at the end I’m really emotional/angry inside & bad mood. My mood is too bad to do anything else.
The most reassuring word in the world, I think, is love. It shapes us, changes us, gives us hopes & so many things that nothing could take it. But it’s also the most difficult word to do, to practice at any time, at any circumstances as a verb & as an adverb.