Se’i datang lagi,
bikin beta berseri-seri.
dengan sambal lu’at jelas lahap.
Yang pasti bikin ku bertenaga,
mampukan segenap upaya.
Tuk hari yang penuh daya.
Yuk sarapan pagi,
dengan yang bergizi,
bekal awali hari.
Yuk sarapan se’i,
agar hari kita maksi.
C’mon, c’mon, o yeah…
Se’i dengan havermut,
agar perut tidak gendut,
Yeay, yeay, huh hah, huh hah…
Comotkan se’i ke sambal lu’at,
asam gurih pedasnya pas menyengat,
sungguh paduan yang tepat.
Ow, ow, ow…
Untuk badan yang kuat,
Yuk kita satukan tekat,
untuk hari yang hebat…
The best way to look attractive is to keep our weight ideal. It doesn’t need to add your shopping budget/buy things. What we need to do is just eat healthily and exercise regularly. We would get a healthy body and disciplined mind. It also complies to a streamlined, minimalist, and simple living. It helps us to minimize expenses on medical, skin & slimming center too.
Two weeks ago I got disturbing maag (too much acid in the stomach), cholesterol test got my LDL is not optimal. My diagnosis I eat too many tasty & fried food, I tried to compensate the cholesterol by drinking green tea but too many & got me stomach problem (maag). Dec 2016: Height 158 cm, weight 59.5 kgs.
Simple, Streamlined Target:
able to jog 3x/week regularly by the end of Jan 2017 & put off weight 8 kgs by the end of March 2017.
This is the usual dish people in Java eat together with yellow rice when they have special events, such as birthday, opening ceremony, etc. But it is so popular for an everyday meal, eaten just with steamed white rice, or together with veggie dishes as in mixed rice (nasi campur).
My grandma often cooked it. My extended family also loves it because my grandma’s chicken is tender and the spice absorbed deeply into the meat.
This time I adjust the recipe for a simple version (of spices and method) for saving time and make it easier to cook.
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, slice +- 3/4 cm.
4 garlic, big ones, chop.
2 big chilli, take out the seed, chop.
If you like spicy, add 3 small chilli, chop.
200cc thick coconut milk/milk. If we use milk as coconut milk’ substitution, full cream milk is the best. But we can use any plain/vanilla favor milk.
A pinch of sugar
+- 1/8 spoon salt
Fish ketchup/terasi/shrimp or prawn broth. Since I forget to buy, this time I don’t use this item. Actually this item is a must, because it does give this dish the distinctive East Java version’s aroma & flavour.
Any frying oil 5 spoon. Here I use olive oil.
1. Put the garlic, chilli, milk, salt, sugar, broth into food processor. Proceed till it is mixed well. Taste, add sugar/salt if necessary, the taste should be mild sweet & salty. Don’t put too much salt/sugar into it, because the liquid will be dried & absorbed into the chicken.
2. Heat the oil (2 spoon) into non stick wide pan/wok, low-medium heat. Pour the liquid spice in, add the chicken. Make sure the chicken slices are covered with the liquid spice. Stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes. Check if the chicken are already cooked & tender. The liquid should be absorbed into the meat.
3. When the liquid is getting thicker & almost dried, add more cooking oil (3 spoon). Increase the heat to medium-high & stir more often until the liquid is dried.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan. Served warm with steamed rice, and you can also eat it with the side dish of raw veggies such as local basil leaves (kemangi), cucumber, and cabbage. For 3-4 persons.
My aunt took this picture last Sunday 3 July 16, on a trip by car, when she returned to Jakarta from Surabaya, the exact location is between Pekalongan and Tegal – – the north towns in Central Java. It is a pleasing green lush scenery of rice field aside the province Street way, the green and fertile rice field gives us feeling of hope and peace amidst the long traffic jam queue in the street.
Baru kau udarkan bau.
Harum lime kaya aroma yang tak pudar,
Ringan dan segar,
Hadirkan ceria memekar.
Yang tak pernah kutolak untuk ditelan,
Bila kau ada di menu,
Aku pasti mau.
Just name it…
Sayur bayam (jangan kunci) ataupun pecel sayuran,
Pepes (botok) ataupun lalapan,
Kaupun kuhadirkan dalam beberapa reka,
Nasi goreng kare – yang pertama,
Nasi goreng tuna – yang kedua.
Kau sedap mewangi,
Keharuman dan kekayaan aromamu,
Mother & small kids friendly: easy to chew, simple ingredients, easy to cook.
– 250 gr Minced beef tenderloin
– 1 broccoli/1 carrot
– 6 shallots/1 onion
– approx. or as per your taste 1.5 – 2 spoon (flat) Sugar
– approx. or as per your taste 1 – 1.5 teaspoon (flat) Salt
– 1 teaspoon (flat) nutmeg powder
– 1 Egg
– 2 slice Wholewheat bread
– 2 pack Bread crumbs flour (panko). Here 1 pack contains 200 gr.
– Frying oil, here I use coconut oil.
1. Broccoli/carrot: rinse well, cut small, steam till a bit soft. Put into food processor, add a little water, process (blend).
2. Chop the shallots/onion, blend till soft (add a little water if needed).
3. Put into food processor: steamed blended broccoli/carrot, shallots/onion, minced tenderloin. Process. If your minced tenderloin is from freezer (like me), steam the frozen minced till not hard, it can be half cooked, but it’s okay, wait till not too hot, then just put into food processor to blend together with other ingredients as above.
4. Add sugar, salt, nutmeg powder into the food processor. Process together with the meat.
5. Tear the wholewheat bread into pieces. Put into food processor, process together with the meat. The meat batter now is thicker after the wholewheat bread. Nlends inside. Put this meat batter into a big bowl.
6. Beat the egg. Put the beaten egg into big bowl. Mix egg with meat batter well, using spatula/hand with plastic gloves.
7. In a wide plate, spread the bread crumbs flour. Take a spoon of meat batter, put it in the bread crumbs flour, roll & cover the meat batter with the flour. Do the same till all the meat batter covered & powdered with the flour, they are now beef chunks, ready to fry/freeze. To freeze: put the uncooked beef chunks into clip lock plastic, then freeze immediately. You can fry them once you need, finish within 2 weeks.
8. To fry: small-medium heat oil in non teflon skillet. Put several beef chunks into the skillet, the oil should cover the chunks. Fry them till both sides are golden brown. Put them on paper towel to dry the oil, then serve.