Fried beef chunks
Mother & small kids friendly: easy to chew, simple ingredients, easy to cook.
Bread crumbs flour, carrot, shallots, nutmeg
Minced meat, steamed blended veggie, onion, sugar, salt, nutmeg powder
Tear wholewheat bread into pieces, add to the meat batter
– 250 gr Minced beef tenderloin
– 1 broccoli/1 carrot
– 6 shallots/1 onion
– approx. or as per your taste 1.5 – 2 spoon (flat) Sugar
– approx. or as per your taste 1 – 1.5 teaspoon (flat) Salt
– 1 teaspoon (flat) nutmeg powder
– 1 Egg
– 2 slice Wholewheat bread
– 2 pack Bread crumbs flour (panko). Here 1 pack contains 200 gr.
– Frying oil, here I use coconut oil.
1. Broccoli/carrot: rinse well, cut small, steam till a bit soft. Put into food processor, add a little water, process (blend).
2. Chop the shallots/onion, blend till soft (add a little water if needed).
3. Put into food processor: steamed blended broccoli/carrot, shallots/onion, minced tenderloin. Process. If your minced tenderloin is from freezer (like me), steam the frozen minced till not hard, it can be half cooked, but it’s okay, wait till not too hot, then just put into food processor to blend together with other ingredients as above.
4. Add sugar, salt, nutmeg powder into the food processor. Process together with the meat.
5. Tear the wholewheat bread into pieces. Put into food processor, process together with the meat. The meat batter now is thicker after the wholewheat bread. Nlends inside. Put this meat batter into a big bowl.
6. Beat the egg. Put the beaten egg into big bowl. Mix egg with meat batter well, using spatula/hand with plastic gloves.
7. In a wide plate, spread the bread crumbs flour. Take a spoon of meat batter, put it in the bread crumbs flour, roll & cover the meat batter with the flour. Do the same till all the meat batter covered & powdered with the flour, they are now beef chunks, ready to fry/freeze. To freeze: put the uncooked beef chunks into clip lock plastic, then freeze immediately. You can fry them once you need, finish within 2 weeks.
8. To fry: small-medium heat oil in non teflon skillet. Put several beef chunks into the skillet, the oil should cover the chunks. Fry them till both sides are golden brown. Put them on paper towel to dry the oil, then serve.